Sunday, February 6, 2011

Postman charades

            Our attempt to change the medium of our conversation went interesting to say the least.  It was easy to convey simple concrete ideas such as yes and no. However when it came to a more complex thought, the median resulted in me looking like a fool. For example when I had to use the restroom, my drawing of a toilet to convey my necessity was not clearly understood, although it was quite amusing.  In relation to Postmans book it’s a perfect example of how the median has the power to skew the content. All in all it was a humorous, yet interesting learning experience.
Tino Moore
2/6/11

2 comments:

  1. I agree with how you said that "when it came to a more complex thought, the medium resulted in me looking like a fool." Unless I was able to clearly convey my message with a simple charade or drawing, I wasn't understood. I ended up just giving up because nobody could understand what I was saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you said that they got the idea but not exactly what you meant. I encountered the same thing when trying to tell people things. And as Chris said, I too gave up trying.

    ReplyDelete